Tuesday, December 5, 2017

ONCE UPON A WINTER WALK by Patricia Crandall

Once upon a winter walk
down a foot worn path,
after a new fallen snow,
tree limbs were heavily laden
with stark white condensation
and footprints appeared before me.
Hush!
It is a small white
scurrying animal.
I considered the path yet not trodden.
My winter boots make an imprint
over the delicate tracks.
All beauty and majesty
are in this white kingdom.
I witness the splendor of new fallen snow,
winter wonderland white.
I alone see and shall retain
this momentary vision
during a late afternoon walk.
The wind stirs a branch,
snowflake falls lightly upon snowflake.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chances are You Will Want to Come to New York City

In 1958 Her streets were paved in yellow brick leading to Fifth Avenue and 42 nd  Street. You might have seen a zealous couple dance-walkin...