Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Garden of Love, By Patricia Crandall, Published on The Back Road Cafe

“Elisa, I love you,” Hendrik said.
“I am engaged to your cousin. Tory has promised me the manor and I do love this garden.” Elisa dropped her hands among the folds of her rose and white striped cashmere dress.
 “Tory’s an empty-headed boy.” Hendrik reclined beside Elisa on the grass and whispered, “You should be mistress of several manors. I’ll give you European gardens laid out with exquisite taste.” He pulled her to him.
Elisa screamed.
A tall youth darted from behind a hedgerow. Tory raised a sharpened meat cleaver over Hendrik’s head.
“Cut!” ordered the world famous director.

Copyright © Patricia Grandall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chances are You Will Want to Come to New York City

In 1958 Her streets were paved in yellow brick leading to Fifth Avenue and 42 nd  Street. You might have seen a zealous couple dance-walkin...